... exploring in my creativity further in 2022



23 January 2015

Creating Again in 2015

Whoa! Where did 2014 and some of 2015 go to?

Hope everyone is doing well! I've been behind the scenes at PPF but never seemed to be able to get my own posts up or much visiting or commenting in. I have been creating, though on a small scale. I (mostly) completed my RAJ (Red Art Journal) last year and have started a new one for 2015. No canvases though   :(   My goal is to get about a dozen canvases done later in the year and to finish my art journal. This is some of what I have created so far.

For 2015, I chose 3 words vs the one word of the year as Chris Brogan and others suggest. This is my image to illustrate the words for myself. They are big rocks (based on the theory that you need to think of the big things first then the smaller things) The words are ECOSYSTEM (to focus more on my surroundings, systems, connections and the interrelationships in my life), BODY (both from a health and fitness perspective and also a "body of work" focus) and COMPASS (to help me check that I am going in the right direction). What is/are your word(s)?

2015 Words of the Year - ECOSYTEM, BODY, COMPASS

Bird on a Wire (Fence)

Joy

Joy - with words

Quirky (almost evil looking) Snowman

Finished 2014 RAJ 

Sample page from 2014 RAJ

Hope 2015 is starting off to be a fabulously creative year for you!

20 comments:

  1. Great symbolism to have the words on rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are great words for the year...it could be a movement for all of us!! Love your adorable snowman and jumping for joy!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you chose three words! I should have tried that last year, because I had a devil of a time and ended up with none.

    For 2015 my word is emerge, because I was so reclusive and inward focused last year and learnt so much, and now it's time to begin taking more part in the world again.

    Funny that you should say your snowman looks evil - I've tried to paint them too and I always feel that mine do too! Not sure what we're doing wrong though.
    Happy ppf!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's great to see some of the work from one of our hostess with the mostess. I really like the 3 words you chose to focus on 2015, and I love your quirky snowman too. Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic work Eva, and good to see you around again! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Eva, I feel likes it's been the longest time since I visited your blog! I'm glad to see you back at PPF in front of the scenes and as always I'm very grateful to and Kristin for keeping the party going! My words are Brave, Bold and Daring which was really just me using a quote from the next great artist that the french judge used to always say but it seemed appropriate to me this year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry I hit enter too soon! Your words are really good - I like the different meanings that each one has to relate to you, your world and your art work. Hope to see more of you in 2015. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun journal pages. I really like your style-it says alot without over doing it. I like that idea of more than 1 word. Picking 1 is so difficult and it seems like a little restraining. I always pick a theme-not really one words, although I can use a word to describe it. My phrase of the year-is trying new things to have some FIRSTS.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful words and Art Eva, so nice to see your work at PPF! Congrats on a completed RAJ.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh these are wonderful! I especially fell in love with the bird!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really fun art. Love that woodpecker!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful words to be inspired by. I can relate to those as well. I love your works of art! The bird especially sings to me. ;)
    That red journal is AWESOME!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good to see your post. Love your words and art. I really like the words you chose. Bravo to you! Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  14. SO good to see your beautiful art here at PPF too EVA!! Those are great words with wonderful symbolisms attached. I chose the word "nourish" for this year. Hope to see more of your art on a regular basis-thanks for being such a great hostess for PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love that bird on a fence! I don't really like choosing words, but the phrase "unite my heart" (from the bible - psalm 86) has been sticking in my head lately.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have no idea where the time goes either! Congratulations on finishing the RAJ. I think you picked some great words!

    ReplyDelete
  17. three words seems like it would be a great way to approach it... and your three are very unique and cool... I love the look of the finished journal... there is something about the whole completed work that is crazy satisfying isn't it...xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. There is a lot of symbolism, good job. I think the snowman has something he saw Christmas Eve night (antlers). . .Blessings, Janet PPF

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the idea of three words instead of one (and yours are great)!
    Congratulations on finishing your RAJ (I'd love to see a video of you flipping through the pages)!
    I look forward to seeing your canvases & more journal pages...
    xo
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  20. What is RAJ? I love your silhouette of the girl in blue.

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to hearing from you!